I started listening to podcasts a few years ago. When my twin girls were born, I needed something to occupy me on the walk I took with them every day, and it was then that I stumbled on the power of audio learning.
Podcasts are perfect for the distracted attention. They are a great filler for when you are exercising, cooking, cleaning the house, etc.
I’ve gotten to the point where I only listen to music in the background for trying to focus, and the rest of the time is spent trying to learn through podcasts.
Here are 5 podcasts that have reshaped the way I think and the way I approach the world. Many of these I have listened to over and over again. In no particular order…
- On Being – The Art of Noticing, and Then Creating with Seth Godin
- The Tim Ferriss Show – On Success Habits and Billionaires with Perfect Abs with Derek Sivers
- On Being – The Cartographer of Meaning in the Digital Age with Maria Popova
- The James Altucher Show – This is What I Do in Negotiation with Chris Voss
- The Art of Charm – New Rules of Engagement with General Stanley McChrystal
If you enjoy any of these or have any suggestions of other podcasts to check out, please share.